Minnetonka Minnesota Community Profile
Staincrete is proud to offer its services to the good people of Minnetonka Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Minnetonka Minnesota
The origin of the city’s name came from the Dakota word for water or “Minne” and “tonka” which means great. The city has a long and storied history going back to the 1850s where the 1st settlement began. At the time, the area was known as sacred ground for Native Americans. Most of the settlers came from New England, other parts of Minnesota and from the Czech Republic. Incorporation to cityhood was achieved in 1968.
Demographics of Minnetonka MN
|Population density (sq mi)||1,892||67||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||63%||58%||55%|
- The average age in Minnetonka is 19% higher than Minnesota
- 18% of the population is Caucasian
- 28% of the population is African-American
- 62% of the population is Asian
Minnetonka MN Cost of Living
|Cost of living index||119||102||100|
|Goods & Services index||108||106||100|
|Health care index||106||110||100|
- Cost of living is 16% higher than Minnesota
- Cost of living is 19% higher than the national average
- Cost of housing is 52% higher than the national average
Schools in Minnetonka MN
The city is served by the Hopkins School District, Minnetonka School District and the Wayzata School District
- Clear Springs Elementary
- Groveland Elementary
- Scenic Heights Elementary
Junior High School
- Minnetonka Middle School East
- Minnetonka Middle School West
Senior High School
- Minnetonka High School
- Accel Academy
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School
- Minnetonka Christian Academy
Places of Worship in Minnetonka MN
The city hosts 20 churches from different faiths and congregations.
- Adath Jesherun Congregation
- Bet Shalom Congregation
- The Mills Church
- Minnetonka Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Faith Presbyterian Church
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
- Minnetonka Lutheran Church
- Oak Knoll Lutheran Church
- Ridgewood Church
- Slavic Baptist Church of Transfiguration
- Paul Lutheran Church
Minnetonka MN Businesses
Some of the city’s top employers include:
- United Health Group
- Emerson Process Management
- Starkey Laboratories
- Minnetonka Public Schools
- The corporate HQ of Carlson Companies
- Jude Medical
Among these companies, Cargill is known to be the biggest privately owned corporation in the US based on revenue.
Here are the top homebuilders/remodelers that serve the city:
- Boyer Building Corporation
- Lecy Bros. Homes & Remodeling
- Neighborhood Building-Remodeling
- Denail Custom Homes Inc.
- Erotas Custom Building
- Hendel Homes Luxury Homebuilders
- Streeter & Associates
- Schrader & Companies
Concrete Suppliers/Delivery Companies
Here are the top concrete suppliers and delivery companies that serve the city:
- Titan Companies LLC
- JC Home Remodeling LLC
- East Central Masonry
- Tru Concrete Concepts
- Woodbury Concrete & Deck Staining
Restaurants & Nightlife in Minnetonka Minnesota
BLVD Kitchen & Bar Restaurant — Amazing food and service and very generous portions on each meal. Do check out the Chipotle Salmon Burger as well as the Herb Chicken Sandwich.
Bacio Restaurant – This is an amazing place for almost any occasion. They have an excellent selection of everything such as salads, flatbreads, entrees and the fish is always cooked to perfection. The Parmesan Shrimp is a must try.
Gold Nugget Tavern and Grille Restaurant – This is a local favorite best known for the burgers with a side order of cheese curds. They serve great beer and the service is always amazing.
Fun Things to Do in Minnetonka MN
The city maintains 5 community parks and 44 neighborhood parks. There are lots of places to enjoy your favorite sporting activities.
Minnetonka Civic Center – check out some music, films and theater performances in a picturesque setup. All events are free to the public.
Minnehaha Creek – this is a 22 mile long tributary that passes through Minnetonka, Hopkins and Saint Louis Park. Perfect for boating and fishing activities.
Bryant Lake Regional Park – features an 18-hole disc golf course, recreational areas with beach and boating amenities.
Minnetonka MN truly is a truly great place. If you’d like to talk to us about remodeling services here in Minnetonka, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.